Natural Shave Soaps
I had always struggled to find a good quality, reasonably priced shaved soap that did everything I wanted & didn’t contain parabens, sodium lauryl sulphate etc and was as natural as possible.
So I started reading up on soap making, methods of manufacture, where to buy ingredients & then started to experiment with making my own.
I have always been a dedicated wet shaver & recently started using a straight razor or cut throat to get a perfect shave. This type of razor really needs a good soap with plenty of lather, lots of slip & something that is kind on the skin.
After a few months of trying ingredients, experimenting with different recipes I finally produced a formula for a natural shave soap consisting of coconut Oil, Olive Oil & various other natural ingredients including Witch Hazel for its soothing properties & Tea tree for its clean smell & antiseptic abilities.
I then looked at fragrances & essential oils that would be good for all skin types & be either sensitive, refreshing, invigorating or just with a great smell, all my fragrances and oils are high end versions not just cheap smells !
So far I have the following variants:-
- Tea Tree & Witch Hazel – great for sensitive skin with a clean simple fragrance & colour
- Zingy Citrus – A sharp invigorating fragrance to wake you up in the morning & smell great all day.
- Kaffir Lime & Juniper – A lovely rich lime scent with a lighter Juniper note.
- Lavender & Bergamot – A classic fragrance with the addition of Bergamot making it modern alternative.
- Black Pepper – No colour just Black Pepper essential oils a sprinkle of fresh ground black pepper
- Classics Mens – Difficult to describe, but a very traditional ” Bay Rum” style fragrance.
- Cedarwood – A fresh light woody scent with a hint of apple.
All my shave soaps can be gently warmed & remoulded to put into your favorite shave bowl, alternatively I sell a bowl & refill set with either a simple white plastic shave bowl, a Stainless Steel bowl or coming soon a handmade Artisan pottery bowl with its own range of bespoke fragrances.
Alternatively they are available in an aluminum tin with screw lid, great for a gift or in a light plastic case, perfect for lightweight travel.
All my soap are available to buy on Ebay.